I have mixed feelings about 2016. What about you?
On one hand, I am so grateful for everything that has happened in my life this year: the accomplishments, personal and professional growth, and the challenges. On the other hand, those challenges really tested my faith, strength, and beliefs this year. I think I’m ending the year with more anxiety than usual, but eventually, I know that will be released.
In order to stay surrounded by positive energy, I want to focus on the good things about this year! Challenges will always come and challenges will go, this is life, so no need to give it too much attention 🙂 As I reflect on this past year, I want to share some of the things I believe to be important. Moving into 2017, I look forward to more growth, more blessings, more moments to celebrate!
- Work hard for what you want. I think this explains itself, but I realized that sometimes, most times, we cannot depend on people to give us what we want or need. If you set a goal, make it realistic and find ways to work as hard as you can towards accomplishing it. Work hard and try to avoid the thinking trap that things will just come to you. It won’t.
- Believe in yourself. It’s tempting and sometimes easy to give up. Negative thoughts can take over and we can begin to feel very discouraged. During times like this, we need to be sure we have healthy people we can reach out to who can support us.
- Recognize your efforts, even the small ones. Listen, progress can come in small portions too! Don’t wait for major milestones to give yourself credit. The small, baby steps you take towards your goals should be celebrated and recognized. You got half of your to-do list done? Eat some ice-cream, go for a walk, take a nap, or take a break.
- Surround yourself with good people. Find people who will motivate, encourage, and inspire you. Find people who can be honest with you because they genuinely care about you. Avoid the people who try to discourage you. Be very careful about what advice you take and where the advice comes from….just saying.
- Be kind to yourself. You are doing your best and you deserve as much self -compassion and kindness as possible. Try to avoid being too hard on yourself if you don’t get everything done. I know it can be difficult to accept that sometimes, however, small progress is better than doing nothing. Right? Yes!
- Laugh a lot. It’s one of the best ways to get through tough times!
I hope that you can find some fun memories from 2016 and that you have great memories to take into 2017!
Best wishes to you all for a very productive, blessed, happy, and peaceful 2017!